Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Water, weddings, woefully long road trip!

Wow. I kind of forgot I had this thing for awhile, as should be obvious by the fact that nothing has been posted for so long! I've had an eventful end of June to mid July and now that I'm back home and the busy parts have passed, I'm feeling quite bored. I took a long car ride to visit my family. Someone who was driving to the same area as I was going offered me a ride for next to nothing. Couldn't really refuse that, especially with the price of gas! I'd had a ticket back in April on Skybus Airlines, but it went bankrupt literally 2 weeks before my trip. So it was nice to finally be able to go. The highlight of my trip was going kayaking with my brothers and father on the Delaware River in PA. I was gone for 10 days, then as soon as I got back, I was a bridesmaid in my friends wedding. Now I'm not a girl who has to do her hair and makeup and look "perfect" at all times, so this was certainly a new experience for me. At almost 28, I had never even worn makeup before! Just never had the desire to and I've been blessed with good skin, so I feel there's nothing to cover up anyway. Needless to say, getting all dressed up like that was a bit overwhelming at first. But here's my little secret to the online world. I actually liked it. Maybe I'm more of a "girly-girl" that I though. Not that I'd want to do it often, but it's kind of nice to have occasion to do that once in a while.

No comments: